When my son was four years old, I took him to Melbourne to stay with his cousins. He hadn't been before and it was an adventure I had promised him before he started school. We visited the zoo, rode the train, trams and just generally hung out. One of the highlights of his visit was a dinosaur costume my sister had made for her boys. I had never made dress ups before, relying more on old jewelry, clothing etc for that sort of thing. When we got home he kept asking for a dinosaur costume. After all, when you are a four year old boy, dinosaurs are the bomb! So, I gave in and we went shipping for fabric. I think this was the only time in his short life he actually agreed to enter a fabric shop. Spotlight was his least favourite shop in the whole world and I can't say I blamed him because it always involved long lengths of time in queues. We chose green and yellow because, although I don't think a T-Rex is actually green and yellow, it did look kind of realistic. He was very happy with the result and proudly modeled his costume for the camera. Sadly it no longer fits, but it was used a lot, even for a parade at school for book week.

Comments

  1. This is such a cute costume; no wonder your son looks so pleased with himself... You are a good Mum to make him this amazing outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts